Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Cyber IT Systems Engineer Specialist
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20221905-82615
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Cyber IT Systems Engineer
Job ID: IMS20221905-82615
Job Location: Plano, TX
As a Specialist, Cyber IT Systems Engineer, you will perform complex technical work in support of Windows/RHEL/VMware computing environments. Must be a self-starter and will be part of a team to support the design/development, testing and validation process through production, leveraging industry standard automation tools with the vision of engineering solutions in support of current and future program objectives.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Execute duties with general oversight; proactively looking to improve areas of deficiency
- Perform work in accordance with established IT System Administration/Engineering, user, security, and regulatory requirements (JSIG, NIST 800 series, and DOD Manuals volume 1-4, etc.
- Assist with engineering improvements to current systems and processes; Provide support in planning and execution of system automation
- Track and present technical performance metrics for IT systems
- Analyze appropriate system loading based on requirements
- Interface with development teams to determine future growth needs
- Support the maintenance of the IT systems as needed
- Present design reviews to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in proposal activities both cost and technical
- Execute on the automation strategy; deliver products that represent workflows
- Works with team members to identify and mitigate risks to successful product integration
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
- Able to lift up to 30 to 50 lbs.
- Able to work on your feet 50% of the day
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD Secret clearance with current 6-year update
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- DoD 8570 Compliant (At least certified in CompTIA Security+)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a related IT system administration & networking field
- Minimum 4 years of experience creating and implementing IT systems that meet JSIG standards
- Experience in IT systems engineering and architecture
- Experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. PowerShell, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with networking concepts (i.e. subnetting, protocols, WAN connectivity, virtual networks)
- Experience with Windows in an enterprise setting (i.e. Server 2016, 2019, Exchange, MDT/WDS)
- Experience with VMware in an enterprise setting (i.e. vSphere, vCenter, vSAN)
- Experience with network storage solutions (i.e. SAN/NAS, NetApp, MSA, iSCSI, FCP)
- Experience diagramming and documenting processes and standards
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Fedora)
- Experience with scripting and/or automation (i.e. Bash, Python, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with industry frameworks and methodologies: ITIL/Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SRE
- Experience with application containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with administering cloud computing infrastructure
- Experience using source code repositories like GitHub
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.