Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Cyber Intelligence Sr Specialist (ISSO)
Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20222807-87655
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Cyber Intelligence (Information System Security Officer, ISSO)
Job Code: IMS20222807-87655
Job Location: Plano, Texas
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is part of an Information Security team supporting a wide variety of existing and developing computer network and communications systems and projects. The ISSO is responsible for the development and implementation of security controls required IAW Information System (IS) categorization and overlay application.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris’ Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Develop and conduct risk assessment procedures for verification of RMF/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) safeguards to meet various regulatory requirements based upon NISPOM/DAAPM, RMF, JSIG, and NIST 800 series (800-53, 800-171 etc.) guidelines.
- Author and provide oversight of various artifacts supporting RMF package artifacts to include the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, CONOPS, and other RMF BoE artifacts.
- Coordinates with internal/external partners to establish system security designs and validates compliance requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing and/or administering security controls for information systems.
- Monitor IA Program compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, and tests and reviews of the IS to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed.
- Maintain operating systems and software in compliance with DISA STIGs .
- Configuration change management processes (including hardware/software changes, account management, media control procedures, disposition, Assured File Transfers (AFT) and related documentation) in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Review audit data of the IS and IS components (technical & physical) for anomalous or unauthorized activities.
- Participate in documenting and publishing security related workflows and procedures to mitigate vulnerabilities and recommend changes to system or system components.
- Conduct Cybersecurity training, briefings, presentations for multiple levels of business.
- Provide leadership and oversight in absence of ISSM.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides council on Cybersecurity policy and procedures.
- Trains and mentors teammates in coordination with the ISSM.
- Perform other IS-related duties as assigned by leadership on “as required” basis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance and any additional clearances as required
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD Secret clearance with current 6-year update
- High School Diploma and 10 years of relevant experience
- A minimum 6 years prior relevant experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Cisco), Windows server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization, and other related peripherals.
- Must obtain IAM Level I DoD 8570.1M Certification (Security+ etc.) within 6 months of hire
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related field and/or equivalent experience desired
- 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISSP, CISM etc.)
- Experience with SPLUNK, Nessus, eMASS, RMFKS, Xacta, and other software/systems
- Demonstrate basic organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently as well as with team support
- Experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security
- Experience with applying, searching, leveraging SCAP and STIGs
- Experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, UNIX systems to include stand-alone IS, peer-to-peer networks, LANs/WANs and interconnections
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt workload to accommodate changing project priorities
- Well versed in risk management, mitigation, and customer service
- Excellent people skills, with ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to communicate well with team members, customers and leadership
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently with minimal/reasonable amount of support from team members
- Experience in Special Access Program environments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.