L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Specialist, Logistics
Job Location – Australia - Queensland - Pinkenba
Job Code – CS20201406-46536
The L3HCA In-Service Support Team (ISS) delivers sustainment solutions across a number of Satellite, Radio and associated ancillary equipment Programs, as utilised by the ADF & Commercial L3HCA customers. The ISS Operations Support Performance Analyst (ISS OPSA) will support these Programs by monitoring and examining the performance within the ILS Operations function, revolving primarily around the supply chain and functions.
The role will include analysing, monitoring, investigating ILS Operations activities and ensuring the most effective and efficient operational outcomes. Working closely with the ILS Operations Manager and his direct management team, this role examines performance beyond conventional and obvious performance targets. The OSPA will examine and determine if the business is achieving and planning for performance, in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Periodic reviews of all key registers, operational data and Business Process Monitors;
- Analysing operational data and making proactive recommendations to reduce KPI risks and elevate performance outcomes;
- Investigation of failures and operational “near misses”, to identify root causes issues and development of remediation strategies;
- Monitor processes and procedures for compliance against project and functional requirements;
- Develop, maintain and update performance monitoring tools and dashboards;
- Attend and contribute to routine operational performance meetings and reporting;
- Maintaining the validity of all performance data;
- Review operational data metrics and assess against baselines and BOE’s;
- Updating functional leads on operational performance;
- Review operational processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement;
- Supporting the implementation of new processes, procedures and project requirements;
- Support the local management team in the effective running of the capability;
- Working closely with the ISS Performance Manager to ensure all Program KPI outcomes are recorded, reported and acted upon.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ILS operations, performance monitoring, reporting and analysis roles;
- Significant exposure to Defence industry, performance-based contracting;
- Current NV1 Security Clearance or higher
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment;
- Proven experience in the critical analysis of data and development of data driven improvement strategies;
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Defence industry sustainment program experience.
- Experience in lean business methodology and its application.
- Broad knowledge of project management skills.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.