Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assoc, Trade Compliance
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assoc, Trade Compliance
Job Location: Australia
Job Code: CS20221810-92107
As part of the team and with the support of the existing L3HCA trade team, the Trade Compliance Associate will be consistently working with Business Development, Program Management, and Engineering personnel to provide guidance related to the imports and exports of export-controlled and non-export controlled goods. You will work cooperatively with US and International Trade Compliance personnel to establish consistency and proper application of Trade Compliance principles outlined by the company.
- Responsible for supporting US and Australia licensing applications.
- Assist with writing and maintaining Australia specific policies and procedures
- Perform audits
- Assist with training activitites
- Responsible for the implementation of divisional compliance policies (e.g. visitor processing, foreign travel and restricted parties screening) in accordance with trade regulations.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain a Baseline Australian Security Clearance, or higher
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with Australian Defence Export Controls.
- Experience with International Logistics, Customs Brokerage and Trade.
- Awareness/experience supporting US trade requirements, including ITAR and EAR regulations
- Exhibits a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Exemplary communication skills and attention to detail.
- Well versed in the HTS & Australia Customs regulations.
- Experience with Tactical Communications and/or Engineering.
- Experience with Project Management.
Role best suited to international trade and/or business, legal and/or compliance professionals.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.