Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineering Sr Manager- Embedded Avionics Software
Grand Rapids, Michigan; St. Petersburg, Florida; Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20221706-84586
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineering Sr Manager- Embedded Avionics Software
Job ID: IMS20221706-84586
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, St. Petersburg FL, Grand Rapids, MI
As a Software Engineering Sr Manager, you are in a dual-role manager position, involving both front-line management of a team of avionics software engineers and supporting performance of individual productive work of software engineers on a program. L3Harris is seeking a top-notch influencer, motivator, and leader who can grow a team of software engineers while advancing their own career in a management role and software engineering leader. This role will be interacting with other engineering functions on projects involving mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of avionics Flight Displays, Transponders, Data Recorders, Air Data Systems, RF and Sensor-based systems. As a front-line engineering manager, the expectation is that a majority of the manager’s time is spent providing direct software engineering support to programs and the remainder of their time on functional management including the career growth of direct reports.
- Supervises software engineering tasks for CAS Avionics development projects in a dynamic environment. This will include coordination with offshore engineers with our partner supplier.
- Coordination with program, project and technical leads on resource management, assignments and execution of the project objectives
- Reviews outputs and provides direction on process compliance aspects
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to processes, systems, and solutions. Plans and establishes goals and objectives for a team with direct impact on the short-term operational results for the department.
- Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organization.
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, practices, and processes to others within the organization.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields required
- 12 years of experience developing real time embedded software
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in functional management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a technical team
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, tactics, and employees within a team
- Previous experience with DO-178 development is highly desired
- Experience developing with C programming language a plus
- Knowledge of engineering design standards for commercial aviation industry
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Related development experience with the following is a plus
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems such as Green Hills, VxWorks or CentOS.
- Experience with C++, Python, Visual Basic, Pascal Linux
- Experience with Configuration Management and Change Control Tools (such as Git, Bitbucket, ClearCase, ClearQuest)
- Experience with Requirement Management tools such as DOORS
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with DevOps concepts and implementations, especially with Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing aspects
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience managing software engineers.
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and team-working skills required
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self-starter, innovative with new approaches to design work, influential with peers and demonstrate critical thinking skills to drive to root cause
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.