Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Systems Engineer
Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20220210-91316
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20220210-91316
Location: Phoenix, AZ
We are currently seeking a Systems Avionics Engineer to work in a fast paced and demanding environment. We are looking for a candidate that has strong project management skills and cutting edge technical know-how. This role demands that you have the ability and desire to work with a variety of functions and teams to find solutions and then you must be comfortable implementing those solutions. You must be flexible and dynamic and proactively communicate with, your co-workers, management and customers alike. Finally, you must excel in managing your own time and prioritizing multiple requests and demands, and you must thrive in an environment where you enjoy making contributions that positively impact the company’s success.
- Developing new systems designs, writing systems specifications, performing system level tests
- Assisting with flight tests
- Interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal functional groups (sales, marketing, customer support, etc.)
- Help maintain and develop systems engineering processes
- Assistance in the design, test and maintenance of all products
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. Preferably in the avionics industry.
- Experience must include writing systems requirements and systems validation procedures
- Prefer knowledge of ARP-4754A, DO-178 and DO-254 processes
- Prefer experience with surveillance products (TCAS/TAWS/Transponders/Windshear)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work with multiple teams and be able to work directly with customers
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to eliminate barriers and use resources to ensure desired results
- Ability to lead teams through conflict, clarify objectives and develop consensus and buy-in as required
- Ability to see the big picture and advocates for integration of systems within work group
- Uses business knowledge to assist others in understanding business decision and their impact
- Fosters an environment that promotes creativity and innovation
- Candidate must be self-motivated with good communications skills
- Candidate must be able to work without appreciable management oversight and direction
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.