Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead RF Electrical Engineer
Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20220809-90145
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead RF Electrical Engineer
Job ID: IMS20220809-90145
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ or St. Petersburg, FL
L3Harris is seeking a self-motivated Lead RF/Microwave electrical engineer to join our RF Design team as a leader to deliver mission critical RF systems solutions for various customers at Phoenix, Arizona or St. Petersburg, FL.The Lead RF Electrical Engineer is the engineering focal and owner for all technical aspects of the RF/microwave electrical design. He/She provides the daily Leadership for the technical activities to engineering team members that are also supporting the product line. The engineer creates RF designs for new products, and helps resolve current production and customer issues.
- Good verbal, written communication, and excellent analytical skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to work independently, as well as direct and coordinate work of multi-disciplinary engineering teams to assure the successful development of RF systems and assemblies.
- Derive RF hardware requirements from system level specifications.
- Support development of communication system architectures.
- Perform RF/analog circuit design and hardware engineering from the component level up to entire communication systems.
- Responsible for the RF and High frequency/microwave detailed design, analysis, development and testing of hardware.
- Participate in the proposal process for programs with RF requirements by estimating tasks, identifying risk and planning development.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external system design reviews.
- Present concepts, designs and results to program management and L3Harris customers.
- Lead or work in conjunction with mechanical, systems and software engineering to meet challenging performance requirements.
- Support internal peer design reviews, design verification testing of engineering units and oversight of design through production.
- Develop methods for modifying systems to include new RF and wireless capabilities.
- Document current RF development and sustaining process and create a plan for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Candidate must have an academia background in electro-magnetic (EM) and RF/microwave theory and knowledge of electronic warfare (EW).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience designing RF CCA's operating at frequencies ranging from UHF through E-band. Design activities will include frequency synthesizers, Up/down converters, front-end electronics and other RF electronics for various antenna tracking techniques.
- Experience with a 3-D and/or 2.5-D RF modeling tools such as CST Microwave Studio, Ansoft HFSS, AWR Microwave Office or ADS is a plus.
- Understanding of critical performance characteristics of passive and active RF components such as Amplifiers, Oscillators, Attenuators, Mixers and Filters. An understanding of how these characteristics relate to a communication system's performance is a plus.
- Working understanding and knowledge of S-parameters (matching networks, cascade analysis, …), Gain budget analysis (Gain, NF, Linearity, Noise power, … ), and Filtering (types, bandwidth, implementations, … ).
- A strong understanding of noise figure/noise temperature (Eb/No, BER vs. noise, receiver sensitivity, and expected value and variance), temperature effects, interconnection (standard and non-standard impedances), and isolation requirements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.