Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Hardware Qualification Test Engineer
Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20221002-76959
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Hardware Qualification Test Engineer
Job Code: IMS20221002-76959
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
The L3Harris Commercial Aviation team seeking a Qualification Test Engineer with expertise in EMI and electrical environments. In particular:
Sec 16: Power Input
Sec 17: Voltage Spike
Sec 18: Audio Frequency CS
Sec 19: Induced Signal Susceptibility
Sec 20: RF Susceptibility
Sec 21: Emissions
Sec 22: Lightning Indirect
Sec 25: ESD
In this role you will be responsible for the successfully executing the EMI and Electrical Qualification testing to RTCA DO-160 and MIL-STD Specifications for all Commercial Avionics products. You will also be involved in the preparation of qual test planning, procedures and reports.
- This position includes working with SMEs on the team as well as external test labs for test execution.
- The qualification efforts include: developing Qual Procedures (derived from the Qual Plans developed from working with Systems and Hardware Engineering), attaining customer approvals (when necessary), holding a successful Test Readiness Review (TRR), execution of testing to the procedures, assisting with diagnosis of any test failures, generating Test Failure & Resolution Reports (TFRR), generating the detailed Test Reports, archiving test hardware, and then answering any customer questions during their test report review / approval.
- Support Hardware and Software Engineering Change Impact Analysis to determine the appropriate Qualification by Similarity, and regression testing environments.
- Look for opportunities to bring more qual testing in house or improve existing test capabilities, to give better cost and schedule control to L3Harris.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; with 8 or more years of hands on Environmental, EMI or RF Compliance Testing experience.
- Working knowledge of DO-160 or equivalent MIL-STDs (-810 Environmental, -704 Electrical Power and -461 EMI).
- Ability to travel to the other L3Harris sites, as well as the off-site test labs to support testing. Amount of domestic travel is up to 10%.
- Self-motivated to identify and resolve technical issues, utilizing strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, willing to try new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to work in a teaming environment and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Lean Engineering or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Effective and timely communication to manager, with ability to provide progress reports succinctly and confidently.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.