Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Project Senior Specialist
Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20222604-81345
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Project Senior Specialist
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job Code: IMS20222604-81345
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Engineering Project Senior Specialist to join our Engineering team in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Engineering Program Leader (EPL) manages the technical aspects of a specific program or effort and ensures technical, schedule and cost targets are met. The EPL is similar to the Program Manager (PM) in nature, just more functionally focused with the PM as his/her primary customer. The EPL is both a project manager and technical leader/expert. An EPL’s duties are broad in nature and may encompass multiple phases of a product’s lifecycle to include Pursuit, Development, Production or Post-Delivery Support. While possessing technical expertise and experience, the individual will coordinate and lead the engineering product development activities. The EPL plans, schedules and directs the engineering support of the program, and keeps the team on plan through proactive engagement, constant and robust communication/ collaboration and focused risk management. He/she is responsible for, and has authority over, all engineering resources associated with or in support of the program and must continually engage and collaborate with engineering functional leadership to ensure the necessary resources and support are available. The EPL musters, shepherds and leads the engineering team to success, providing quality, error free technical deliverables, to include subcontractor deliverables, to the PM and formal L3Harris customer on cost and schedule. The EPL maintains open and clear communication with the PM, engineering function and assigned team members, suppliers and customer(s). The EPL is a leader in a vitally important role, and is accountable to the PM as well as the Engineering Leadership team.
- Partner with the Program Manager to ensure the success of the Program…technical, schedule and cost targets properly defined and met.
- In drawing his/her support from the engineering function, the EPL must constantly engage the other cross-functional leaders, defending the Program’s needs and priorities while working with the leadership to understand and accommodate the demands of competing Division needs.
- Interface and work closely with the customer(s) on technical and contractual requirements, and anticipate and fulfill customer needs to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and continued business expansion; negotiate as required and obtain positive resolution.
- Working in conjunction with PM and Proposal Lead, to decompose business case and customer contract requirements into Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements, support the develop the detailed Basis of Estimates (BOEs), construct viable Schedule (IMS), determine technical deliverables and associated program risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for requirements definition, verification and distribution, technical baseline development, resource identification and allocation, design trade studies, preliminary design, detailed design, system testing, qualification testing, supporting the handoff to Production (production configuration) and ensuring the technical deliverables to support a successful Entry-Into-Service
- Lead the technical development of the program. Serve as the focal point for all engineering development, product definition, resource allocation, task assignment and completion, problem solving and decision making necessary to accomplish project charter.
- Direct the engineering team assigned to the program, manage their performance and, through a matrix structure, oversee their participation within the program.
- Effectively communicate with the PM and serve as a leader on project team through a collaborative, trust-based relationship, ensuring all have the latest information available.
- Work with Division Leadership Team /Staff and functional groups to support the various meetings and reviews necessary to meet business objectives and commitments.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Should have practical knowledge of project management including Earned Value and Risk/Scope Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working knowledge of resource loaded scheduling and is proficient in the use of Microsoft Project 2016.
- Experience with DO-178, DO-254, DO-160 product development.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.