Sr Associate, Quality Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Quality Engineer
Job Code: QEP2
Job Location: Philadelphia
Provide leadership and initiative in communication and technical support for the product assurance function. Implement, monitor and maintain the quality engineering aspects of the quality management system. Provide assessments of quality program through audits and product assessments. Analyze data and develop practical recommendations for product and process improvements.
- Effective communications of QMS requirements
- Analyze, develop, write and implement Product Assurance Procedures in support of the quality control and production effort
- Responsible to interpret quality requirements for application to the manufacturing processes and evaluate the effectiveness of the manufacturing process in meeting those requirements
- Review product test and inspection documentation to ensure quality requirements are complied with
- Analyze and approve nonconforming material reports (Inspection Reports) and Corrective Action Reports, assign defect codes, and ensure adequate corrective action has been implemented prior to closure
- Work with sustaining engineers, production supervision, and production/quality/materials personnel to facilitate a team approach to addressing product/process related quality issues
- Coordinate department continuous improvement activities
- Perform quality systems auditing. Conduct auditing of internal/external functions and effectively communicate findings to create positive change and foster a more complete understanding of the quality system requirements
- Serve as team leader in cross-functional problem solving projects
- Facilitate or participate in corrective action board meetings
- Conduct trend analysis and/or other statistical methods to assess and communicate conditions to create positive changes
- Interface with Government/customer during product testing and/or special inspections
- Review purchased part documentation, and interface with suppliers when required
- Participate in design review meetings and quality system reviews. Deliver presentations of program quality assessments to department and inter-company personnel
- Participate in bid and proposal efforts as required
- Develop/conduct training programs related to systems and workmanship
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed to support the broad function and overall business objectives
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or other Bachelor of Science degree with appropriate quality and manufacturing experience or appropriate ASQ Certification(s)
- Two years minimum experience in Quality/Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, dimensioning and tolerancing, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, and gauging
- Knowledge in interpretation and execution of industry and military standards (ISO 9001, IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality control and of manufacturing processes
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in quality analysis techniques, e.g., statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, and root cause, etc.
- Ability to read mechanical assembly drawings, multi-assemblies drawings and electrical schematics
- Ability to use standard measuring and test equipment and assembly hand tools
- Experience in the use of PC applications to control documentation, prepare reports, and support graphics
- Leadership ability to be the catalyst for improvement
- Strong knowledge and understanding of quality management systems
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.