On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Philadelphia, PA location.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
The Embedded Software Engineer will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing innovative software components to support L3Harris Maritime Power Systems. In this role, the successful candidate will gain hands-on experience in embedded software development and test as well as being able to work alongside and receive invaluable mentorship from L3Harris’s exceptionally talented engineering team.
The Embedded Software Developer is responsible for participating in all phases of the software development life cycle. Some of the particular tasks could include:
- Software Design
- Writing code and unit test
- Requirements Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Peer Reviews
- Software Integration and System Test
Tools Used: Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Crucible, Fisheye), Subversion (SVN), DOORS, Understand for C, Visual Studio 2017, Texas Instrument Code Composer Studio
Programming Languages: C/C++ and C#/.Net
- Bachelors and minimum 4 years prior exp or Masters Degree and minimum 2 years in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance.
- An understanding of software development tools, software test methodologies and testing tools.
- Knowledge of Embedded Object Oriented development methodologies and approaches.
- Developing/Architecting for DSP systems, Controller Area Network (CAN) bus, SPI and I2C serial protocols, Ethernet, and TCP/IP.
- Experience debugging real time embedded applications.
- Experience with static analysis and structural coverage tools.
- Technical writing skills and experience generating and presenting technical documents.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Object oriented design and implementation
- CAN 2.0B, RS232, RS422, and EtherCAT (Ethernet for Control Automation Technology)
- FPGA design and verification a plus
- Embedded RTOS experience
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment and designing programs for test
- Digital power conversion experience a plus
- Developing device drivers and Board Support Packages for real time embedded systems
- Cybersecurity and designing systems to comply with STIGs.
- Hardware / Software Integration
- Tool Chain experience for ARM processors and the Keil Embedded Development Tools.
- Ethernet Protocols – UDP, Multicast, TCP/IP
- Utilizing Matlab to model systems.
- Windows Embedded Standard
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-498, IEEE-12207, IEEE-1012, and MISRA 2012
- Power Supply development including Power Protection Schemes, Power Supply Paralleling, Inverter Motor Control, and Harmonic Elimination.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit