Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Quality Engineering
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob ID IMS20223103-79810
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Quality Engineer – Aftermarket Programs
Job Location: Philadelphia
Provide leadership and initiative in communication and technical support for the product assurance function, specific to Aftermarket Programs. Implement, monitor and maintain the quality engineering aspects of the quality management system. Analyze data and develop practical recommendations for product and process improvements in depot and spares operations. Lead root cause and corrective action investigations related to customer returns.
- Effective communications of QMS requirements
- Analyze, develop, write and implement Product Assurance Procedures in support of the quality control and production effort
- Responsible to interpret quality requirements for application to the manufacturing processes and evaluate the effectiveness of the manufacturing process in meeting those requirements
- Review product test and inspection documentation to ensure quality requirements are complied with
- Analyze and approve nonconforming material reports and Corrective Action Reports, assign defect codes, and ensure adequate corrective action has been implemented prior to closure
- Work with sustaining engineers, production supervision, and production/quality/materials personnel to facilitate a team approach to addressing product/process related quality issues
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and customer reporting related to field returns and customer corrective action requests
- Perform quality systems auditing. Conduct auditing of internal/external functions and effectively communicate findings to create positive change and foster a more complete understanding of the quality system requirements
- Serve as team leader in cross-functional problem solving projects
- Conduct trend analysis and/or other statistical methods to assess and communicate conditions to create positive changes
- Interface with Government/customer during product testing and/or special inspections
- Review purchased part documentation, and interface with suppliers when required
- Develop/conduct training programs related to systems and workmanship
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed to support the broad function and overall business objectives
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or other Bachelor of Science degree with appropriate quality and manufacturing experience or appropriate ASQ Certification(s)
- Six years minimum experience in Quality and/or Engineering roles[J1]
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, dimensioning and tolerancing, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, and gauging
- Knowledge in interpretation and execution of industry and military standards (ISO 9001, IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality control and of manufacturing processes
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in quality analysis techniques, e.g., statistical analysis, problem solving, process mapping, and root cause, etc.
- Ability to read mechanical assembly drawings, multi-assemblies drawings and electrical schematics
- Ability to use standard measuring and test equipment and assembly hand tools
- Experience in the use of PC applications to control documentation, prepare reports, and support graphics
- Leadership ability to be the catalyst for improvement
- Strong knowledge and understanding of quality management systems
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.