Prinicpal Power Electronics Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Principal Power Electronics Engineer
We are currently seeking a Principal Power Electronics Engineer for our Philadelphia, PA location.
- Assist/Lead the design of power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.
- Assist/Lead in both design evaluations and qualification testing of power electronic systems.
- Assist/Lead design efforts pertaining to power magnetics
- Troubleshoot existing designs and generate creative design improvements for efficiency and surge capabilities.
- Perform analyses of test data and recommend design changes
- Verify designs through the use of power electronics system simulation tools (PSpice, Matlab Simulink, etc.)
- Thoroughly document and explain test plans, results, and analyses to peer reviewers, internal and external customers
- Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to create new products and technologies
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in design and manufacturing of Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW). Multi-disciplinary experience (power electronics, controls and power systems preferred)
- Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices
- Knowledge of power electronic system/sub system simulation tools such as PSpice, Matlab, etc..
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- The ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Medium voltage (up to 20kV) experience a plus
- Familiarity with Military Power Quality Specifications a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.