Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Electrical Engineering
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob ID IMS20221105-82166
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Power/Electrical Engineer
Job ID: IMS20221105-82166
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Lead, Electrical Engineer shall be responsible and lead power electronics engineering for design, development, integration, operation and sustainment of electrical equipment and systems. The Lead, Power/Electrical Engineering shall participate in all stages of development from proposals and architecture development to design through system integration and qualification. This position performs under general direction - minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the technical design and development of state-of-the-art power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.
- Lead design evaluations and provide subject matter expertise and consultation to qualification testing of integrated power electronic systems.
- Lead design efforts pertaining to power magnetics.
- Perform trade-off analyses and coordinate selection of power-electrical circuit topology and major power components to meet design requirements and achieve performance and design-to-cost goals for new products.
- Develop top level system models and perform required functional, steady state and transient analysis and design verification using MATLAB Simulink and PSPICE applications.
- Troubleshoot existing designs and generate creative design improvements for efficiency and surge capability, along with testing and manufacturing throughput.
- Perform analyses of test data and recommend design updates.
- Provide subject matter expertise and consultation to Systems Engineering organization in the development of electrical system/design verification test plans.
- Lead cross-functional engineering team in efforts pertaining to integration of power electronic systems.
- Assist in developing technical content of Electrical Engineering proposals including trade off studies/analyses, execution strategies/plans, risks and opportunities, cost estimates, and basis of estimates as well as preparation of technical documents as required.
- Develop technical presentations and lead technical gates such as PDR, CDR for Electrical Engineering designs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, IRAD related discussions, and corporate innovation calls to create new products and technologies.
- Thoroughly document and explain Electrical Engineering test plans, results, and analyses to peer reviewers, internal and external customers.
- Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests.
- Lead, Power/Electrical Engineer will take directions as required from Electrical Engineering Department Senior Manager, Division Electrical Engineering Senior Manager, or Director of Engineering.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 9 years of experience in design and manufacturing of Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW). Multi-disciplinary experience (power electronics, controls and power systems preferred).
- Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices.
- Knowledge of power electronic system/sub-system simulation tools such as PSPICE, MATLAB, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to lead an energetic and talented development team.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- The ability to work independently and alongside electrical engineers and technicians to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
- Have proven experience in leading others, providing mentorship and cross-training and empowering other engineers.
- Have ability to influence key program and business decisions.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
- Medium voltage (up to 20kV) experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Military Power Quality Specifications a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.