Sr Specialist, Program Scheduler
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Program Scheduler
Job ID: SAS20202705-45958
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position is responsible for detailed analysis of the master program schedule, including status, performance, network logic, and critical path.
- Creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Typically, responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensures projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary.
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Develop new concepts or standards.
- Attend and lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Participate in schedule training, engineering and program excellence organization.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with some impact on department results.
- BS/BA Degree in Finance or Business with 6 years’ scheduling/planning experience or an MA/MS with 4 years of scheduling/planning experience.
- 4+ Years’ Experience using MS Project
- 4+ Years’ Experience creating and/or maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and any Supporting Schedules on assigned projects/programs; creating and presenting project-level reports, presentations and deliverables that reflect risk and status to program management and senior management relating to the IMS is required.
- Monte Carlos Risk Analysis (Schedule Risk Analysis)
- Structured Solutions - SSI tools management
- Program management and or Coordination, SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) process
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables.
- EVMS – Earned Value Management Systems.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.