Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20222811-93921
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222811-93921
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris is searching for talented Senior Specialist Manufacturing Engineer that will support manufacturing related activities of ground, avionics, and space development of prototype hardware. The type of hardware produced at this L3Harris location is often complex, containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronics assemblies, cable harness and higher-level system assemblies. The person filling this position will directly be involved with prototype hardware for development efforts supporting future technology needs. Candidate fulfilling this role needs to have an In-depth familiarity with all aspects of printed circuit board design, fabrication and manufacturing, as well as cable harness experience..
- Interfacing with design, mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure hardware producibility developing build strategies.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Highly interactive, willing to work in team environment
- Be able to successfully read, and understand Engineering Assembly Drawings.
- Generate and updating of Assembly Method Sheets (AMS)/Work Instructions and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of manufacturing task.
- Plan and support the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Design, support and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action (RCCA) processes
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Strong knowledge of MIL/IPC,J-STD workmanship and performance standards relate to electronic assemblies (Mil-Perf 38534, IPC-610, IPC-620, NASA-STD-8739, J-STD-001,etc.).
- Experience in, Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Circuit Card Assembly, Ruggedization of Circuit Card Assemblies and Higher Level Integration of Circuit Card Assembly.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes of circuit card assembly as well as assembly processes for cable harnesses.
- Background and hands-on in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring of products and processes to production efforts is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customer are preferred.
- Working knowledge of IPC/J-STD workmanship requirements.
- Understanding and experience in Control or similar MRP based system, and Aegis based Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Familiarity with root cause and corrective action analysis tools for use towards manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.