Sr Specialist, Industrial Security (Physical Security)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID 4932
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Industrial Security (Physical Security)
Job Code: 4932
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Senior Industrial Security Specialist will have a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level of comprehensive knowledge in the discipline of Industrial Security and Physical Security.
- Responsible for building and presenting Construction Security Plans (CSPs), Pre-construction and final Fixed Facilities Checklists (FFCs) or equivalent documents, producing accurate TEMPEST checklists, construction progress slides, and any other relevant documentation.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all U.S Government Physical Security Regulations to include ICD-705 construction principles for SCI spaces and SAP spaces, Open Storage areas, and other Collateral area requirements.
- Mentor and coach as the Physical Security subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and knowledge of project management
- Communicate within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Create and/or maintains continuity books and procedures for Physical Security
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Generates monthly program review charts while routinely assist with generating and presenting briefing material.
- Serve as facilities liaison for restricted areas and issue and track access badges for multiple locations.
- Manage and implement a Security Education Training and Awareness (SETA) program.
- Analyze and investigate security incidents and violations; prepare internal and external customer reports.
- Prepare and maintain Fixed Facility Checklists (FFCs) in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Centrally manage and maintain document control, personnel records, briefings, contracts, and other such security assets within SIMS to enforce and maintain accountability.
- Manage and handle incoming and outgoing classified material, destruction and other such accountable items such as keys and equipment.
- Occasionally assist with classified courier duties – requiring SCI clearances
- Prepare and participate in DCSA and IC community Security Assessments
- Experienced with and understanding of DD-254 security requirements and clauses.
- Physical security duties include, but are not limited to, combinations, access control systems, alarm accesses, secure area modifications and buildouts.
- Willing to take a CI poly
- Must be willing to travel to support customer needs.
- Requires an active Top-Secret clearance with current in-scope eligibility and SSBI date.
- 6-10 years of direct Physical Security experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- CDSE FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities certification.
- In-depth working knowledge of NISPOM security requirements and various DCSA Information Systems (JPAS, NISS and DISS at minimum)
- Knowledgeable of ITP planning, to include CI incident response strategy implementation.
- Experience serving on in Insider Threat Working Group and working closely with SMO and other ITP stakeholders to develop and maintain Insider Threat compliance at the site level.
- Experience with implementing and enforcing complete central management in access control systems such as SIMS.
- Experience with leading or managing Security Vulnerability Assessments resulting in a commendable or superior rating category.
- Experience with developing security response statements for security-related RFP sections
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CI Poly
- CDSE – Physical Security Certification (PSC)
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to security operational success with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to communicate well with team members, customers and senior leadership.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently with very minimal support from team members in high stress environments.
- Knowledge of IC security administration
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.