Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist Engineering Services
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20212211-73195
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Engineering Services
Job Code: SAS20212211-73195
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: The person filling this position will support manufacturing related activities on programs with avionics and space applications. The type of hardware produced at this Harris location is often complex, containing cable assemblies, flex assemblies, circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, chassis assemblies, cable harnesses and higher-level system assemblies including SmallSat’s.
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility and develop build strategies
- Supporting the manpower/equipment/process planning
- Supporting assembly documentation generation and directing production support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Support the design and develop manufacturing / production tools
- Plan and support the build and modification of electronics systems including assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Make recommendations for process requirements for new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action (RCCA) processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Strong knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (Mil-Perf-38534, IPC-610, IPC-620, NASA-STD-8739, etc.)
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE, and root cause/corrective action analysis).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Associates Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace or industrial technology with minimum of 15 years industry experience.
- A minimum of 15 years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for microelectronic assembly processes and equipment (i.e. die attach, wire bonding, dispensing, hermetic sealing, etc.) as well as assembly processes for Cables, SMT CCAs
- Current TS/SCI security clearance is desired
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform