Sr Specialist, Engineering Services- Photonics
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20211404-59717
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Engineering Services- Photonics
Job Code: SAS20211404 - 59717
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Shall be able to work independently with guidance from engineering to perform set up, testing and troubleshooting of optical links.
- Perform Backreflection testing
- Understand and adhere to drawing requirements for production builds
- Assists engineers with concept and pre-production product builds
- Install and polish industry standard fiber connectors.
- Splice SM/MM optical fibers and ribbon cables.
- Maintains test equipment and labs.
- Understand and adhere to laser safety standards
- Use Lean Manufacturing methodologies for problem prevention, corrective action and solution verification.
- Supervise and train electro-optic technicians
- Generate technical proposals and basis of estimates based on the proposed technical solution
- Generate and present technical approach to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- The ideal candidate will have some previous experience in optical fabrication or RF Microwave work.
- Previous experience operating precision hand tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computer proficient
- Basic knowledge of laser optics (fiber and bulk) and physics
- Knowledge of ANSI Z136.1 and experience as a Laser Safety Officer
- Ability to develop a technical solution and present to customers and leadership
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.