Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Electrical Engineer (Clearance: TS/SCI)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20220906-83762
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Electrical Engineer (Clearance: TS/SCI)
Job Code: SAS20220906-83762
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
Candidate will perform analog and digital circuit design using electrical design and analysis tools, including schematic capture, PCB layout, digital design and mathematical analysis tools. Candidate will collaborate with Optical, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Technicians and lead PCB layout, assembly, and test as part of an integrated product team. The candidate will also be responsible for meeting project cost and schedule milestones and will support internal peer design reviews.
- Knowledge of electronic design and simulation tools such as Cadence ConceptHDL, OrCAD, PADS Layout, Spice, and Mentor Graphics tools
- Design and test of FPGA-based systems using VHDL (or Verilog) design tools
- Create design review packages and present circuit designs at peer reviews. This includes analysis, performance budgets, and test data that demonstrate how the design will meet functional requirements.
- Create test plans and test procedures to validate that circuit implementation meets functional requirements
- Readily translate system-level requirements into detailed implementation-level block diagrams
- Lead bench-level system integration with hardware, software, and other FPGA designs
- Support in the planning and execution of project plans and design reviews; involvement in production release of modified or new product documentation
- Review of product specifications, and generation of system and module-level block diagrams, flow diagrams, and design concepts
- Generate trade studies with analysis of cost and schedule impacts on short turnaround efforts
- Support proposal efforts and early stages of the program to define detailed system requirements
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 6 years of prior relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineer with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Design experience through the development cycle completing with integration and test of circuit designs.
- Experience managing and reporting schedule, budget, and risk
- An active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of current digital technology, parts availability and design architecture
- Experience using the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience performing risk analysis and developing risk mitigation plans
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+.
- Experience managing 10+ people in technical cross functional teams
- Simulation experience with Ansoft SiWave is a plus
- Layout experience using Cadence Allegro is a plus
- Proficiency with XILINX, Altera, Microsemi Tool Suites
- Proficiency with MATLAB / SIMULINK / ModelSim
- Experience with communication DSP applications and system simulation
- Unique ability to combine communications system knowledge with analog, digital, and FPGA design
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, Ethernet)
- Digital Hardware designer, and experience with embedded processors
- Thorough understanding of version control best practices and tools (subversion)
- Experience with preparing presentation materials
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.