Sr Specialist, Cyber Intelligence (ISSO)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID 8807
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Cyber Intelligence (ISSO)
Job Code: 8807
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
ISSO provides protection and safeguarding of information systems under the guidance of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and work closely with the Information System Owner on assigned government-authorized systems. The ISSO will have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system.
- Recommend department training needs and security tools acquisition and or training.
- Works with the Program and IT Admin functions to ensure security auditing tools are working as designed and optimized to present actionable alerts and information for the ISSOs conducting audit reviews.
- Works with Program/Industrial Security to prepare, participate in, and remediate Customer inspection activities or findings. Builds strong coalitions with these functional teams to ensure the overall success of the Cybersecurity Programs.
- Authoring and maintaining Body of Evidence (BOE) artifacts in support of Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of assigned systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ensuring junior team members author and maintain Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation of Assigned systems
- Oversees and coordinates security control assessments and Continuous Monitoring Plans for the program
- Chairs/co-chairs the information system Change Control Board (CCB)
- Working with IT and system administration organizations to develop system hardening guides following DISA and NIST guidelines
- Responsible for customer interface in the tracking and resolution of POA&Ms
- Ensuring all systems are rigorously monitored for anomalous activity
- Investigating security incidents such as data spills and malicious events
- Assisting the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities. The ISSO shall assume ISSM responsibilities in the absence of the ISSM.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Active Secret security clearance
- CISSP or ability to obtain CISSP certification within 12 months of hire
- Minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience to include 3+ years’ experience with RMF system authorization packages; 3+ years’ experience interpreting vulnerability scanning results (preferably Nessus or Tenable Security Center); 5+ years’ experience reviewing workstation, server, firewall, & IPS logs; 3+ years’ experience with SIEM tools
- Experience as an ISSO/M supervising or managing cybersecurity on classified systems under DAAPM, NISPOM Ch8, ICD 503, and/or NIST 800-53
- Experience developing, managing, and providing evidence to close POA&Ms associated with the A&A and project management processes
- Experience with DISA STIGs and SCAP Compliance Checker
- Experience interpreting vulnerability scanning and security log results (Nessus, ACAS, Splunk)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- ISSO/M experience with eMASS
- Experience with audit reduction tools like Splunk
- Experience with Linux or Unix operating systems
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities
- Experience working in a military/DOD environment
- Able to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gain team consensus
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills, customer relationship building skills, analytical skills and ability to lead/mentor teammates
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.