Sr. Quality Inspector
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Inspection (Support)
Job Code: SAS20202506-47050
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: Responsible for performing hardware inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications. Inspects and may perform minor rework on defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and test standards.
- Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies.
- Maintains support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies.
- Reviews and reports performance data.
- Writes, tracks, and processes hardware related defect reports and documentation.
- Possesses TS/SCI Clearance and retains clearance while employed by L3Harris
- Fully proficient, self-sufficient individual contributor
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area which has moderate impact on the overall achievement of results for the team. Work is of moderate scope, typically on larger, task-related activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, as they may interface with customer quality representatives, suppliers, and engineers.
- Develops or assists in developing methods and procedures necessary for inspection.
- Experience with RCCAs, Lean, and Six Sigma methodologies
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.