Sr Princ, Strategy Developmnt
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20211103-57960
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Prinicpal Strategy Development
As a member of the Space Systems Sector, the Strategy Leader drives the strategic direction of the sector. They will lead the strategic planning process, assess market viability, prioritize investment direction, shape the portfolio and will provide consulting expertise and project management for specific strategic activities critical to the sector president. This role provides problem-solving leadership, conducts analysis and research, develops recommendations and communicates well-articulated conclusions verbally and through written presentation material to the leadership team. This role is a translator of market and business ideas into clear, concise and compelling strategic direction. The leader will drive new technology and business to capture new Space selling opportunities, as well as win viable pursuits to drive year over year growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead key projects to drive the overall sector strategy
- Provide market, portfolio and strategy thought leadership for the sector. Provide strategic advisement and recommendations to Space Sector President, and Segment VP, Strategy & Business Development.
- Develop and iteratively improve a cohesive, long-term sector strategy that addresses market/customer needs, technology development, differentiated solutions, customer relationships and organizational alignment
- Lead the development of the annual Strategic Growth Plan process. Coordinate with Division, Sector, and Segment counterparts to ensure continuous alignment between strategies and investments. Structure work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high priority issues.
- Analyze market intelligence and industry trends to provide competitive analysis. Evaluate internal capabilities to identify interrelationships and synergies among businesses. Craft go-to-market and monetization strategies for products/services and customer segments.
- Guide internal investments to align with business strategy
- Create compelling executive-level and board-level business presentations to inform and facilitate decision-making. Translate complex technical and business information into visually-compelling and crisp messages. Help define a consistent approach and templates for creating and delivering presentations to leadership
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners for potential teaming opportunities to expand L3Harris markets. Lead and develop analyst talent within the organization.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend potential acquisition, strategic alliance, and joint venture partners to accelerate growth and market reach.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Act as an advocate for change by designing, implementing, and supporting existing and new transformation initiatives. Manage multifaceted projects on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluate and shape sector portfolio focus. Recommend areas to increase and decrease emphasis including divestiture. Participate as a solution architect within the sector
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 12 years of related experience spanning global corporate strategy (ideally defense, aerospace industry or other relevant technology market)
- 12 years project management experience and skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Top Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
- Minimum of 4 years of consulting experience with a leading strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Booz).
- 5 years with Department of Defense, Intelligence Community
- High level of business/financial acumen; global business acumen in defense or aerospace and/or relevant technology markets with broad knowledge of changing defense markets.
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis, communicates results effectively, and work with business partners in developing and implementing new methodologies and analysis to drive actionable results.
- Strong executive presence as well as ability to effectively influence and make recommendations at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think abstractly and analytically to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to internal customers, teammates and external constituencies.
- High level of integrity, open and productive collaboration, teamwork across multiple functions within the sector.
- Proven proficiency to prioritize tasks and organize a workload to ensure most important issues are addressed first.
- Competency making decisions with imperfect and incomplete information
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.