Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Engineering Manager - FPGA
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20221504-80721
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Engineering Manager - FPGA
Job Code: SAS20221504-80721
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris is seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager to join our talented team!
Responsibilities include the functional management of an Electrical Engineering department focusing on Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Digital Design across the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) segment with a specialty in space and cyber applications.
This Senior Manager position leads a department of 75 to 100 Electrical Engineers focused on FPGA technology and development within the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) segment. The Engineering Manager will also provide coaching and leadership development for a staff of 12 to 14 Group Leaders.
- Be accountable for department FPGA engineering performance across the Space and Airborne Systems segment and own the design and development process (including tools and process flows) for FPGA designs.
- Drive engineering productivity performance, improvements, and measures, and implement enduring corrective actions for design and process escapes.
- Meet functional requirements of staffing, recruiting, training, talent development, engagement, retention, and overall management of FPGA development execution
- Proactively collaborate with Engineering Managers across Electrical Engineering to support business demands across the Space and Airborne Systems segment
- Maximize direct labor utilization to meet functional organization Annual Operating Plans while provisioning for future business growth
- Hold weekly one on one meetings with direct staff to build relationships and provide feedback and coaching
- Perform risk assessments on programs within the Space and Airborne Systems segment
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates as needed.
- Provide technical evaluation and oversight of program execution. Lead technical issue resolution when required. Participate and form Independent Review Teams to conduct technical review and oversight.
- Lead department-level talent development, including technical and leadership succession planning, and implement knowledge transfer initiatives
- Drive meaningful improvements in workforce diversity and foster an inclusive environment in which all can thrive
- Manage department budgets and identify department training required
- Limited travel will be required. This department has employees across various Space and Airborne Systems locations (FL, CO, VA).
- This position reports to the Director of FPGA Design for Space and Airborne Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field with a minimum of 12+ years’ experience with FPGA digital design tools and technologies OR a Graduate degree with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in FPGA architectures for space and/or telecommunications applications, high-rate Analog-to-Digital interfaces, signal processing, FPGA timing closure, and design/analysis/simulation techniques
- 7+ years’ experience in leading/managing Electrical Engineers or Engineering designs
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI or TS-Equivalent clearance
- FPGA design process subject matter expert
- Xilinx and Microsemi/Microchip FPGAs
- Vivado and Libero tool suite
- Linux Environments
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.