Sr Associate, Logistics Engineer (Clearance Level: Top Secret)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20212202-56974
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Logistics Engineer
Job Code: SAS20212202-56974
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Roles & Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
- Provide supporting programs with a full range services to maximize operational life and mission continuity through cost-efficient analysis and management of end-of-life parts and parts life extension program
- Lead and conduct asset visibility, and obsolescence mitigation for program system sustainment material
- Assists the depot manager in operating a secure facility that focuses on operations with support equipment and security measures in place to reduce cost to the customer and enable the program to operate efficiently, and acts in the depot manager’s stead when the depot manager is unavailable
- Interface daily with program manager, system engineers, system integrators, and technical trainers
- Continuously look for and implement mechanisms to reduce and streamline the logistics footprint within the Proprietary business segment
- Manage assets and request calibration/repair services
- Develop a strategy for tracking program assets and spare parts often integrated to maximize efficiency
- Lead and perform asset and equipment audits on customer and company owned property
- Manage, identify, plan, resource, and acquire packaging/preservation, handling, storage and transportation (PHST) requirements to maximize availability and usability of the materiel to include support items whenever they are needed for training or mission
- Monitor and track the shipment of repairable products needing maintenance to and from customer sites, the depot, and possibly OEMs
- Monitor and track the movement of supplies from the stock rooms to operational support in the field
- Manage calibration program for lab test equipment
- Generate various reports for distribution to Lab Managers, Lab Custodians, and Quality Assurance
- Establish an efficient PHST system which introduces minimal organizational delay time or errors, and results in material shipments at the "right place at the right time", thus improving system availability and lowering overall life cycle cost
- Determine packaging and provisioning requirements for PHS&T support of assigned systems and spare parts
- Apply knowledge of PHST policies and procedures to manage a system's life cycle support requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- Active TS security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Sunflower EAM Tool Experience
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.