Sr Associate, Embedded Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Associate, Embedded Software Developer Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211301-55000
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Embedded Software Engineer responsible for design, development, and test of command and control application software for cutting edge communications and information processing software systems.
This position will support all phases of the software lifecycle, including refining requirements, software implementation, integration, debugging, and full documentation.
- Participate as an active team member across multiple components developing software for the customer
- Translate design requirements and workflows into working software.
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Develop new software, adapt old software, and extend an existing software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks
- Perform unit, integration and system test activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Engineering or a related field) and 2 years of applicable experience or Master’s with 0-2 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Secret clearance
- Prior experience developing software embedded applications in C/C++
- Experience with software engineering principles, processes, and industry best practices
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with various software architectures and platforms
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret requirements and common government specifications
- Team player with good communications skills and able to work in a large program environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.