Specialist, Software Configuration Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Specialist, Software Configuration Management
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Code: SAS20210504-59148
Software Configuration Management (SWCM) activities include planning, documenting, and executing the processes and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with internal standards and contract requirements. SWCM provides support for configuration item identification and control, configuration status accounting, metrics, capturing and documenting configuration changes, performing configuration audits, and providing other functional support as needed to facilitate the execution of engineering activities.
- Responsible for meeting Software Configuration Management technical, schedule and cost objectives on assigned programs.
- Team Collaboration to continuously improve software engineering processes and products
- Facilitating the control and release of software builds and changes by specified Engineering
- Perform software branching activities for each release
- Performing audits to verify compliance with contract requirements
- Participation with software configuration control boards, including creation of agendas, facilitation of meetings and follow up of action items
- Perform problem solving and provide creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues
- Contributes to making suggestions for improvement or enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job area.
- Provide training and user support for Configuration Management problem tracking and version control toolset
- Generate SW Media required for internal/external customer shipments
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, OR, 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, OR, graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience in software engineering, computer science or related technical discipline (IT, CIS) or equivalent experience in a Software Configuration Management role
- Experience in a Software Development or Software Configuration Management role
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Principles as they apply to Software
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Currently possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance with the Dept. of Commerce
- Experience in a fast-paced continuous change development/integration environment
- Ability to learn or have experience in OTS development/integration environments
- Ability to learn or have experience with version control and defect management toolsets: IBM Rational (ClearQuest, ClearCase)
- Ability to learn or have experience with Build Automation (Jenkins)
- Ability to learn or have experience with FTP application (FileZilla)
- Ability to learn or have experience with Remote Access (MobaXterm)
- Ability to learn or have experience with Linux OS environment
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages (C#/C++, Java, Python, Perl)
- Expert time management ability and sense of urgency in meeting critical releases
- Willing to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve team objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please be aware this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.