Specialist, RF Electrical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist RF Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SAS20202403-43509
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers
- Write scripts to control synthesis and build tools
- RF/Microwave Device testing and evaluation including s-parameter, large signal load pull characterization as well as modulated signal measurements
- Work with common commercial RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems
- Analyze electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with RF/Microwave Device testing and evaluation.
- Experience with RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems (i.e. ADS, HFSS, CST, MATLAB, etc.).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Thorough technical understanding of passive and active RF design.
- Self-motivated with a high sense of urgency.
- Experience working in a government or department of defense contracting environment.
- Ability to present to internal and external customer at all levels.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.