Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Quality Engineering
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20220408-88160
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20220408-88160
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Mission Assurance Lead will be responsible for leading mission assurance activities to provide independent oversight for the respective system designs, product builds, testing, integration and support required for programs within the Space and Airborne business segment. The position will report to the Mission Assurance Senior Manager. The candidate will be responsible for driving continual process and product improvement ensuring product and process integrity, leading to customer satisfaction, overall mission success while supporting division quality, delivery and cost targets. This is a hands-on, highly involved position.
- Hands on leader with responsibility for resolving technical challenges, ensuring successful tactical execution, as well as creating and implementing the strategic vision for the Quality and Mission Assurance department.
- Work closely with the program teams and the functional organizations in a DOD environment to ensure that all phases of the customer life cycle, from early customer involvement through post-delivery support, meet the requirements for mission success.
- Experience in presenting formal FRB / RCCA packages to internal and external customers as well as senior leadership.
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality records that document the quality status of material/products and provide necessary information and cumulative data for internal and external Customer responses.
- Expeiernce leading a cross-functional team to accomplish specific Program/Mission goals.
- Review and verify compliance of all Work Package Descriptions (WPDs) issued for Quality tasks for proposals and ongoing contracts/projects.
- Develop and implement Quality plans and programs promoting sound and effective principles as set forth in company procedures, government standards and directives, and commercially proven methodology and ensure that the department conforms to these principles.
- Improve the efficiency of the Quality organization through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Lead implementation of new processes, activities, and culture that enhance the customer experience and engage every employee in a quality focused mindset.
- Utilize Cost of Poor Quality data to improve yields and reduce rework during engineering and manufacturing efforts.
- Take a lead role in building a culture that reinforces compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and/or guidelines and internal command media.
- Verify subcontractor inspection or technical document preparation procedures to verify compliance with contract requirements.
- Perform design reviews and facilitate design and quality concurrent Engineering.
- Provide independent evaluation of technical gate reviews to ensure technical rigor is being applied to the process.
- Collection and analysis of internal performance metrics to develop zero defect plans and report to senior leadership on business performance including action plans to improve business execution and status of strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or technical equivalent with 4+ years of experience or Master's degree with 2+ years of experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- In depth knowledge of quality and reliability methods and procedures for Space hardware and software systems as they apply to the aerospace and electronics industry, including electro-mechanical design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and test.
- Experience developing and executing Mission Assurance plans for Space industry programs.
- Greenbelt certification and/or proven education or work history in leading and implementing projects.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve timely results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including communications, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and influencing
- Highly collaborative style, capable of working across multiple functional areas to drive results.
- Experience with Configuration Control management practices.
- Experience with MRP, ERP, Agile Oracle, Windchill, Doors software suites
- Experience with NASA, J-STD and IPC standard implementation.
- ASQ certification (CQA, CQE, etc.)
- Experience within an AS9100 certified business.
- Active security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.