Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Mechanical Engineer (Robotics and Controls)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20231307-103492
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Mechanical Engineer (Robotics and Controls)
Job Code: SAS20231307-103492
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Schedule:9/80: Employees work 9 out of every 14 days – totaling 80 hours worked – and have every other Friday off.
During its 120-year history, L3Harris has transformed communications and information technology. L3Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
We are looking for a driven mechanical engineer to design, implement and test an interconnected set of algorithms and software for control of a system of robotic manipulators and/or motors. Work performed would be in close coordination with other subsystems, such as perception processing, electrical and software, to develop innovative and streamlined solutions to challenging problems in the field. Candidate will work with a team to contribute to road-mapping and future vision efforts and translate those plans into near term actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with robotics and controls.
- Mathematics of rotations (rotation matrices, quaternions, Euler angles, etc.).
- Matlab experience.
- Numerical optimization techniques.
- Development of autonomy and control logic (e.g., state machines).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Top Secret clearance preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ground and/or underwater autonomous vehicle operations.
- Understanding of Homogeneous Transformations (Coordinate Frame Transformations).
- Experience with serial linkages.
- Simulink experience.
- LabView experience.
- C++ (esp. Eigen Matrix Library & Orocos Kinematics and Dynamics Library).
- Comfortable working in Unix.
- Experience with Pub/Sub communications architectures (e.g., DDS).
- Experience with (Extended/Unscented) Kalman Filters.
- Experience with Particle Filters.
- Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Gazebo Simulator or similar.
- Experience debugging remote systems.
- Familiarity with sensing and/or computer vision methodologies.
- System Modeling / System Identification.
- Experience with robotic manipulation on a mobile platform.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.