Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Material Management (Palm Bay, FL)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20222206-84953
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Material Management
Job Code: SAS20222206-84953
Job Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Job Description: L3Harris is seeking a Material Management Specialist for the Mission Avionics Sector located in Palm Bay, FL. This individual will be responsible for providing material management services to the F-35 TR3 program, supporting the complete cycle of material flow, from the purchase and internal control of production materials to the planning and control of work in process to the warehousing, shipping, and distribution of the finished product. This can include responsibilities such as:
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to understand the procurement and manufacturing requirements
- Identify process improvements and participate in improvement project teams or facilitate implementation as appropriate
- Develop strategies, implement plans, and track progress for cost reduction initiatives
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems to effectively time phase material to service cash flow objectives and program schedule
- Plan, schedule and monitor the efficient movement of material from identification of the requirement to delivery to the end user
- Work with the program and manufacturing teams to develop master schedules for end items that will serve as the driving force for production schedules and customer deliveries.
- Coordinate material distribution with purchasing, warehouse, and end user
- Ensure timely issue resolution for program requirements and issues
- Establish and maintain program material and labor baseline, including change requests
- Drive timely closure of specification and drawing issues
- Provide inputs for financial functions such as ETCs and for proposal functions as necessary.
- Serve as the supply chain interface to the program and align integrated supply chain resources and solutions with business needs
- Responsible for managing Subcontractor & Supplier cost, schedule, and technical performance, and ensuring L3Harris and Customer objectives are achieved, including on-time delivery, exceptional quality, and affordability with the ability to monitor & assess project issues and develop mechanisms & resolutions to meet goals.
- Responsible for initiating corrective action measures with Suppliers when necessary and assessing trends in performance to prevent delays or cost overrun.
- Represent supply chain and provide input or present at meetings as necessary
- Using LEAN/Six Sigma and critical thinking skills to propose sound and innovative business solutions that contribute to business unit success
- Deliver all requested proposal material and labor inputs on time
- Accountable for closeout of contractual obligations (e.g. deliveries and open commitments)
- Collaborate with general procurement, subcontracts, data analytics, quality, engineering, finance and program management to mitigate cost and schedule risks
- Participate in and/or lead strategic initiatives such as lead time reduction
- Ensure material strategy meets program financial objectives and commitments
- Communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions
- May be asked to provide guidance, coaching, and training to other employees
- May be responsible for managing complex projects involving delegation of work and review of work projects
- Collaborate with general procurement, subcontracts, data analytics, quality, engineering, finance and program management to mitigate cost and schedule risk
- Partner with supply chain data analytics to develop metrics and reports that enable visible and comprehensive materials management
- Solid experience with MRP concepts and tools, experience with CINCOM Control, Agile PLM, PeopleSoft, and Kinaxis Rapid Response is a plus
- Where necessary, create / confirm purchase requisitions and work with procurement team to ensure timely purchase order submittal
- Ensure material is planned and available to support program deliverables
- Manage planning factors for both raw and subassembly parts so that production schedules and our Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system remain valid and in sync
- Ensure proper management of inventory, floor stock, production orders, and Fast-Trax orders
- Manage inventories of As-Required and Shelf-Life materials to minimize cost and waste
- Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary / Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 4+ years of experience using MRP systems.
- 4+ years of experience in material management, purchasing / procurement, or an engineering related field
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, etc.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity between transactions.
- U.S. granted government security clearance
- Experience working in the US DOD manufacturing industry
- Understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards along with a basic knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Knowledge of and experience with FAR, ITAR, and EAR regulations
- Experience in Supply Chain principles and concepts, spend management tools, purchasing insight into buying and selling principles, negotiations, awareness of different contract types, financial and quantitative analytical skills, commodity management, supplier and performance measurement tools, and exposure to sourcing process, and Lean Six Sigma
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.