Senior Space Vehicle Integration and Test Engineer
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20211904-59888
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Space Vehicle Integration and Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211904-59888
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: For decades, L3Harris has been an innovator in space domain technology designing and producing trusted space communications and imaging payloads and satellite systems. L3Harris is seeking a motivated and experienced Space Vehicle Assembly, Integration and Test (SV AI&T) engineer to lead activities on programs building responsive smallsat space vehicles at our Palm Bay, FL location. The type of hardware produced at this location is mission critical and often complex, containing spacecraft bus, mission payloads, complex microelectronic assemblies and higher-level system assemblies including small satellites and top-level space vehicles.
- Lead a production team in the execution of assembly, integration, and test for an assigned satellite in accordance with customer requirements, business objectives and L3Harris processes.
- Collaborate and consult with cross functional technical teams on spacecraft development design for manufacture and test (DFMA/DFMT) and process improvements. Promote use of common designs, processes and equipment to minimize development costs.
- Develop and maintain detailed Satellite System integration and test plans and coordinate resources required over the life of the project such as manpower, equipment, facilities, and process resources.
- Analyze engineering design drawings and part lists and generate clear and concise assembly documentation for shop floor personnel to follow
- Direct support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the assembly, integration, and test tasks
- Support execution of test processes required for specific test phases. Assist in the review and analysis of telemetry and test data, ensuring generated data accurately verifies SV functionality and performance and document and support resolution of any test anomalies found during test execution.
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Assist with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface.
- Develop Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) milestones for assembly, integration and test tasks and provide status to program team and Operations leadership
- Compare actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action (RCCA) processes to improve quality and product reliability.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or industrial engineering with minimum of 12 years industry experience; or Graduate Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or industrial engineering with minimum of 10 years industry experience
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience with integration and test of high reliability space products, launch vehicle, satellite programs or other complex systems
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE, and root cause/corrective action analysis).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in integration of space vehicle to launch vehicle
- Experience with MGSE and/or EGSE design for space vehicles
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with managing cost and schedule using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) tools
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems
- Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring to production
- Strong knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic and space vehicle assemblies (IPC-620, MIL-STD-810, NASA-STD-8739, etc.)
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc.
- Experience in SV Test Operations including the test development process, test execution, data analysis, and anomaly resolution.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.