Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Associate, Configuration Management
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20232308-105144
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Hardware Configuration Management
Job Code: SAS20232308-105144
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Sr. Associate, Hardware Configuration Management is a critical specialty engineering support role that performs hardware configuration management (HWCM) functions to establish consistency of product performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information. The primary goal of this role is to maintain the integrity of system documentation, drawings, design artifacts, baselines, records, and associated configuration information using established configuration processes and controls. This role also provides on-demand support to various engineering and program management teams as a subject matter expert for analyses, consultations, special topic discussions, tools support, DevOps support, and other tasking as required.
- Implements established hardware configuration management documentation, processes, and principles in an Agile development environment.
- Administers existing hardware configuration management toolsets, to include Agile Product Data Management (PDM), Rational ClearQuest, Windchill, JIRA, and others.
- Understands and complies with Contract Statements of Work, policies, procedures, plans, and other technical documentation.
- Facilitates the Configuration Change Board (CCB) process by reviewing documents, drawings, and associated records submitted by engineers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and contract personnel, modifying as needed to ensure clarity, compliance, and completeness.
- Organizes, reviews, and authorizes the release of new and revised drawings and related documentation as specified by Program or Engineering Management.
- Ensures program drawings and documentation adheres to internal standards, formatting requirements, and contract authorization. Confirms correct and complete markings on all drawings and documentation. Applies and tracks document control numbers or other identifiers as required.
- Provides advice and guidance on hardware configuration management methods, tools, procedures, and requirements to project team members responsible for the creation of drawings and documentation.
- Acts as a liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve issues regarding hardware configuration processes and records.
- Supports program audits including functional and physical configuration audits.
- Works with a high degree of attention to detail, is entrusted to enable on-time quality delivery of all work products for multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- May provide other functional support as assigned to assist in the execution of various engineering and program management activities.
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance is required.
- Requires intermediate technical knowledge in the functional job area including analytical and troubleshooting skills typically obtained through advanced education in a technical field and/or prior experience in an relevant engineering or technical support role such as: Configuration Manager (CM), Data Manager (DM), Quality Assurance Technician (QA/QE/QC), document controller, design drafter, technical writer, program operations analyst, systems support engineer, software engineer, integration and test engineer, specialty engineer, or similar.
- Requires experience providing a high level of customer service and support to multiple internal customers, external customers, and other stakeholders in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Requires experience using version control tools such as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Agile PDM, SolidWorks, ClearCase, Subversion, Confluence, Windchill or similar.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet critical deadlines and business requirements.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically gained through education and/or prior experience. Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 3 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio). Specific skills necessary include the ability to create and edit documents, generate and apply templates, generate and apply macros, edit and use styles, apply stamps, and apply other formatting functions within these tools related to various document elements such as table of contents, headers/footers, tables, figures, and appendices.
- Knowledge of EIA-649C, MIL-STD-973, and other relevant Configuration Management standards.
- One or more relevant Configuration Management certification(s) such as CMPIC or NDIA.
- Experience reading and interpreting Statements of Work, Drawings, Schematics, and Parts Lists.
- Experience in continuous process improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma or similar.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.