Semiconductor Thin Films Process Engineer
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID 8690
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title : Semiconductor Thin Films Process Engineer
Job Code: 8690
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Semiconductor Thin Films Process Engineer for the Microelectronics Operations Business Unit at our Palm Bay, FL location. As a Semiconductor Thin Films Process Engineer, you will support a suite of thin film deposition tools and processes, perform data analysis for development and production work, identify process issues and process optimization opportunities, perform root cause analysis and drive mitigation strategies, perform qualification activies for new processes and tools, and provide sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area. You will have regular interactions with equipment vendors, operations management, and a variety of engineering teams.
Ideal candidates will be able to perform the following essential functions:
- Qualify, setup, and operate semiconductor deposition equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Perform DOEs and process verification to bring new tools and processes online
- Develop, optimize, and own thin film deposition processes to drive device performance and yield improvement; create process documentation
- Create and routinely monitor statistical process control (SPC) for required film stress, thickness, optical properties; identify process drifts and catch potential excursions
- Document out of control action plans (OCAPs) for processes failing SPC limits
- Identify process and/or equipment issues; Lead investigation efforts for issues related to inline thin film processing
- Recommend improvements for efficiency, cost, reliability and quality of existing products; Work with related engineering teams to drive, test, and implement approved plans
- Perform on-the-job training for incoming new hires as the team grows
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- 4+ years’ experience in semiconductor wafer manufacturing operations
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills including MS Windows and office products (excel, PowerPoint, word, and project)
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and follow-through
- Must be a team player, pro-active, and customer-oriented with a sense of urgency to accomplish a given task or goal
- Ability to lead teams, train, and mentor personnel
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working in classified government programs
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE, and root cause/corrective action analysis)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.