Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Senior Software Engineer
Palm Bay, Florida; Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20222206-84925
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris employees are passionate about our customers and their mission. Our work supports civil service, transportation safety, advancing space access and national security. We are dedicated to driving product innovation because we know the critical role our customers have in the protection and defense of our freedoms worldwide. Be part of an innovative team creating tomorrows leading technology.
Be The Difference!
What We Can Offer You
Cutting Edge Work
Company-wide opportunities all over the country
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
This is a software engineering position seeking an experienced development engineer needed to support as a full-stack SW architects and developers. Come join the team help architect many different systems where we build and deploy L3Harris custom solutions to customer sites. Leaders can oversee the full software lifecycle including architecture, design, development, test, delivery, maintenance and sustainment. This leader will be responsible for establishing and maintaining annual technology strategies and initiatives, and keeping Senior Leadership informed of the progress of those initiatives. We are mission focused, agile, and take innovation seriously.
• Development of software engineering practices driving efficiency and quality improvements.
• Conducts architecture oversight with the Chief Software Engineers.
• Mentoring and coaching software engineers in design, and development of software solutions.
• Overseeing and building solutions.
• Keeping abreast of current technology; conducting technology knowledge shares
• Actively pursuing technical excellence and leadership.
• Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
• Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
• Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
• Experience and development competency in full-stack development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 12 years experience. Or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Experience as architect within medium (10+) to large (25+) SW teams through the entirety of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with multiple methodologies preferred with emphasis on Agile and derivative approaches (e.g. SAFe)
- Experience with multiple software languages C++/C#, Service-based architectures, proposal development, DevOps/DevSecOps.
- Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Extensive experience interfacing with Government customers
- Strong handle on System Engineering approach from ConOps to O&M (and everything in between)
- Experience developing SW technical approaches and effort estimation for large scale (>$100M) efforts
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.