Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Mission System Integration & Test (ATLO) Engineer - Space Vehicle (TS/SCI)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20211810-71099
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Mission System Integration and Test (ATLO) Engineer - Space Vehicle (TS/SCI)
Job Code: SAS20201310-51763
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
L3Harris Corporation has multiple openings for Mission System Integration & Test Engineering Scientists to provide Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) Integration & Test Support for Space Vehicles to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
- Provides mastery-level system integration and test engineering expertise and technical leadership in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation and development for highly complex systems
- Own cradle-to-grave Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) of complete space vehicle
- Applies system integration and test engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Specifies, architects, analyzes, models, establishes flow downs and verifies designs, tests and verifies complex engineering tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components
- Participates in and potentially leads business pursuit efforts
- Acts as subject matter expert and/or resource within the field
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical leadership with SI&T experience
- Experience in signal processing and satellite systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas preferred: software, precision mechanisms/control systems, secure systems, and RF
- Ability to work closely with customers, Business Development, and all other functional disciplines
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources
- Understanding of I&T development processes and life cycle
- Team player, able to work in a large program environment
- Fast learner, capable of adjusting to project needs and quickly learning new skills
- Experience in Risk Management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform