Scientist, Electrical Engineer Semiconductor Material Scientist (TS Clearance)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Scientist, Semiconductor Material Scientist (Top Secret Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20201401-39014
Job Location: Palm Bay, Florida
- Semiconductor fabrication using fan-out wafer level packaging materials, processes, and metrology
- Design and performance analysis of a microelectronics structure using semiconductor wafer bonding
- Define the metrology and the verification process for the semiconductor wafer bonding
- Define, specify performance, and select the capital equipment for semiconductor processing and metrology
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience in microelectronics design, fabrication, and test.
- An Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Expert level of experience in semiconductor wafer processing and wafer bonding technologies coupled with design of experiments to investigate new materials properties under given processing conditions.
- Deep technical knowledge on wafer bow characterization and metrology is required along with knowledge of suitable diffusion barriers to restrict diffusion of oxide into metals.
- Recent experience leading subcontractors and managing teams is desired.
- Recent experience with project planning and cost management of a team including subcontractors
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.