Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Satellite Communications Specialist
Palm Bay, Florida; Melbourne, Florida; Malabar, FloridaJob ID CS20222807-87684
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Satellite Communications Specialist
Job Code: CS2022807-87684
Job Location: Malabar, FL
Satellite Communications Specialist will support the testing and sustainment of multiple Satellite Communications Terminals. This individual will be part of a small team that supports a larger program.
- Responsible for complete end-to-end DoD SATCOM system level test and verification of all program requirements to include RF system level performance, electrical, mechanical, and HEMP requirements.
- Perform site level test and support activities including site personnel training and development, repair, sustainment, and hardware obsolescence of existing SATCOM terminals.
- Support in-plant production and functional testing and on-site acceptance testing of SATCOM Terminals.
- Identifies, documents, tracks and evaluates test problem reports and test anomalies.
- Be willing to Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for several months at a time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and carry a distance of 75 feet, if necessary
- Be able to troubleshoot and support communications equipment remotely
- Ability to work diligently in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience in Electronic Technology with 2 years of experience in operations, maintenance and test of military strategic SATCOM terminals or Military Technical School Training with 2 years of experience in operations, maintenance and test of military strategic SATCOM terminals.
- 2 + years of SATCOM Test Equipment to include spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers, oscilloscope, signal generators and multimeters.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Be proficient in MS Office tools to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Knowledge commensurate with the required minimum experience in operation, maintenance and testing of RF transmission equipment including high power transmitters, LNAs, frequency converters, transmission lines, antennas and auxiliary support equipment.
- Knowledge of SATCOM antenna controls equipment.Knowledge of TCP/IP, switches, routers, LAN/WAN equipment and networking
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.