Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Palm Bay, Florida; Melbourne, Florida; Malabar, FloridaJob ID SAS20230509-105691
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20230509-105691
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is seeking a Program Manager for the FTI program. FTI is a program within the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s Air Transportation System Initiative and L3Harris Technologies is a key member of that team. The Program Manager will manage the FTI telecommunications portfolio which includes supporting customer requirements from initial service order through disconnect. Direct the preparation of proposals, business plans, and financial terms/conditions for the project. Ensure that all resources such as engineering, manpower, and facilities are available to support the project.
• Oversee assigned parts of FTI program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives
• Support Program Director including performing program planning, identification, and management of internal and external dependencies
• Responsible for managing large, complex program initiatives involving cross-functional teams
• Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
• Coordinate the preparation of proposals by working with the FAA to determine needs, requirements, and solutions for new business opportunities
• Review and approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements
• Prepare/present materials for internal and external program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other meetings and briefings
• Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems or solutions to enhance program performance
• Occasional travel to/from Washington, DC
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience; Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience; Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a program team environment on government cost plus, fixed price and time and materials programs, including relevant experience as a program manager, IPT lead, or as a project engineer/manager
• Minimum 4 years of project experience managing contract terms and pricing for telecommunications services
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience
• Knowledgeable of Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems and/or large communications networks
• Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing proposals for multi-year projects valued at more than $100M
• Possess strong core values and an optimistic outlook with strong leadership, teamwork and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills and the ability to work independently with initiative
• Successful track record of managing projects and meeting project objectives including deliverables, cost, schedule and customer satisfaction
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.