Supply Chain Intern (Palm Bay, FL)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern (Palm Bay, FL)
Job Code: CHQ20201709-50724
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Procure material, equipment, supplies, services, and commodity products of low to medium value and medium to high volume
- Evaluate cost and analyze supplier bids to attain best overall value
- Negotiate price, delivery and quality of products/services and determine supplier selections
- Track all Purchase Orders through reports, work matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier corrective action responses. Interface with receiving and accounting to resolve issues
- Manage supplier relationship through the acquisition process
- Confer with suppliers to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Evaluate root cause and corrective action with suppliers on late delivery performance
- Interpret FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and regulations regarding import/export control certifications and licenses
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business Management, Business Administration or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Junior or Senior
- Experience in Supply Chain principles and concepts, spend management tools, purchasing insight into buying and selling principles, negotiations, awareness of different contract types, financial and quantitative analytical skills, commodity management, supplier and performance measurement tools, and exposure to sourcing process, and Lean Six Sigma
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.