Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Principal, Program Management
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID IMS20222107-87229
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Program Manager
Job Code: IMS20222107-87229
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL.
L3Harris IMS Segment Program Management Excellence team is seeking talented program managers to join its team, leading, managing, and assisting program management teams across five different Sectors. These Sectors deliver advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers’ mission-critical challenges, both domestic and abroad. L3Harris is committed to modernizing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; maritime power and navigation; and advanced electro optical and infrared challenges of today and tomorrow.
*Role can be located within key IMS sites in Palm Bay, Florida, Plano, Texas, Greenville, Texas, Mason, OH, and various Northeast sites.
This Program Manager is responsible for assisting Sectors and Divisions in the instantiation and stand-up of L3Harris’ Program Excellence processes, tools, and procedures across the program life cycle from capture phase through execution and close-out. This includes direct engagements with the Sector program and business development teams to support IMS Segment Critical Pursuits, conduct pre-award assessments, stand-up cross-functional team organizations and staff, and to assist program managers in assuring readiness for program award and execution. During execution, this role will work collaboratively with the Sector program teams to turn negatively performing programs back to predictable and profitable performance. This role has a special focus on utilizing full and tailored EVMS processes to tightly integrate program controls, cost analysis, Cost Account Managers (CAMs), and scheduling/planning.
- Works directly with capture teams and their customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities, and then directly supports the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications to meet those needs.
- Support the program teams in standing up and managing a collaborative work environment (tools and procedures) with the customer to achieve business objectives.
- Partner tightly with Sector teams responsible for managing the cost, schedule, technical, and contractual performance requirements of a complex technical program through the life-cycle phases of development, implementation and operations. This includes utilizing Earned Value Management, maintaining an integrated master schedule, managing development and test to a technical baseline, and maintains an active and proactive risk management program. Works with the program teams to ensures that all cross-functional resources such as engineering, production and facilities are properly planned and available to support the program.
- Works across the Segment with all divisions to solve highly complex program challenges with significant business impact.
- Ability to travel 30%
- BS/BA degree and 12 years of equivalent work experience in program management and functional leadership experience in engineering, operations, finance or contracts.
- 8 years of Capture Management experience leading or supporting critical new business capture efforts. Responsible for organizing capture teams, developing and executing win strategies, and overseeing cross-functional technical, cost, schedule, and contractual bid packages
- 10 years of program management experience including all phases of program execution (pursuit and offer leadership, contractual negotiations, start-up, execution, and close-out)
- Demonstrated capability to build and lead teams in successfully achieving defined Customer and Company program objectives within cost, schedule, and contractual constraints.
- Experienced in organizing and leading Engineering, contractual, financial, Operations, and other cross functional areas to provide total Program life-cycle management. Experience managing projects with budgets of $25M+.Experience leading geographically diverse teams comprised of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with membership from multiple Company and potentially partner organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation and execution using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and employment of applicable metrics.
- Experience as a CAM and/or Program Controls lead with ability to train other CAMs in forecasting, rolling waves, and variance reporting
- Experience with development programs with significant structured software development and systems integration scope.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Objective thinker with a passion for problem solving and the ability to execute challenging tasks to completion. Experience managing DoD programs (all services and agencies) and International programs (DCS and FMS).
- Collaboration with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Lines, and Functional organizations.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.