Principal, Program Management
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID CHQ20210204-59099
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Principal, Program Management reports directly to the corporate Director, Program Management, and is responsible for driving enterprise program performance and execution excellence. The leader will possess the credibility and programmatic expertise to provide direction on consistent cross enterprise Program Management processes, tools, best practice discipline, technical consulting, the development of enterprise Program Management talent, and training for Program Personnel at all levels. This position is also responsible for promoting PMX community of practice and leading continuous/experiential learning.
This position enables business performance and growth, and facilitates setting the vision, executing on strategic plans, leading change efforts, and focusing and motivating the Program Management community to deliver on expectations / requirements by leveraging Program Management best practices and processes. Partner with segment program management executives to maximize use of PM initiatives and to accelerate deployment.
The successful candidate must be a self-directed thinker with the capability to navigate through complexities and drive closure to complex enterprise programmatic challenges. Must have the ability to work independently and objectively to assess the performance and risk of a wide variety of program types and establish and drive closure to mitigating actions that will ensure long term success of the programs and the business.
- Builds Program Management organizational capability through the identification of the necessary skills and focus areas to foster a successful PM organization, facilitating the acquisition, development, and deployment of talent.
- Identifies and monitors key program metrics, maintains scorecard database, generates scorecard metrics, and communicates trends. Escalates issues to senior leadership.
- Accountable for routine and ad-hoc content creation for senior leadership review, often done in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Oversees the development of critical Incident, Problem, and Change Practice processes and controls to ensure quality is maintained to meet business and infrastructure objectives.
- Directs the evaluation of root cause analysis, systemic corrective actions, and process control monitoring; implements preventive corrective action or mitigation programs; incorporates lessons learned into future plans.
- Ensures common risk management tools, training, and monitoring of risk registers.
- Participates in surge team projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Program Management.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and solutions to ensure application of best practices across the corporation.
- Chairs reviews to drive rigor and consistency to ensure compliance with enterprise standards as well as support the Program Management Council and development activities.
- Oversees and ensures the accuracy of Programmatic Reportable metrics.
- Lead and support enterprise tools initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Strong experience in managing cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of the program through development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation and execution using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and employment of applicable metrics.
- Knowledge of / experience with corporate reporting and oversight processes, including Program Reviews and other Program Management requirements.
- Experience in organizations and situations requiring a combination of strategic vision, practical project management, and execution skills.
- Program Management experience, including Profit and Loss. General management knowledge of complex efforts with development, production, and sustainment aspects.
- Exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with functional and programmatic leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to translate strategic priorities into actionable game plans and ensure the right resources are in place, considering both capability and capacity; drive execution, ensure the right KPIs are in the place to support the measurement of impacts.
- Strong knowledge and skills with the ability to apply recognized Project Management and Risk Management methodologies.
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion. Possesses quality values and work ethic.
- Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement.
- Significant experience with and mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to translate program performance into scorecards.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.