Palm Bay - Lead, Project Engineer
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20211802-56839
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Project Engineering
Job Code: SAS20211802-56839
Job Location:Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: L3Harris is seeking a motivated and experienced Space Vehicle Assembly, Integration and Test (SV AI&T) Engineer to lead manufacturing and test related activities on programs building space vehicle electronics at our Palm Bay, FL location. The type of hardware produced at this location is often complex, containing cable assemblies, flex assemblies, circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies and higher-level system assemblies including small satellites and top level space vehicles.
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility and develop build strategies
- Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
- Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing and test tasks.
- Candidate will assist with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Plan and support the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action (RCCA) processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering with minimum of 9 years industry experience; or Graduate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering with minimum of 7 years industry experience
- 9+ years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for Cable Assembly, SMT CCAs, Electro-mechanical assemblies and Chassis assembly
- Knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies IPC-610, IPC-620, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883, NASA Spec.
- Experience in implementing Lean/Six Sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE, root cause/corrective action analysis).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current TS/SCI security clearance is desired
- Expertise in space vehicle integration, interfaces and SmallSat development
- Experience in space vehicle to launch vehicle integration is preferred.
- Experience with MGSE and/or EGSE design for space vehicles is preferred.
- Experience with managing cost and schedule using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) tools is preferred.
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.