Palm Bay - Lead, Project Engineer
Palm Bay, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead, Project Engineer
Job Code: SAS20201409-50582
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Responsible for successfully leading the execution of a project team to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines defined by the Program Manager and customer.
- Proactively addresses challenges by identifying strategies to recover schedule, build slack to meet customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Works closely with Systems Engineering to manage and dispositions program-level risks.
- Able to lead a team through the development, monitoring, and statusing of detailed MS Project schedules.
- Understands how to use Earned Value (EV) to guide the success of a project.
- Able to work closely with Material Management, Operations and Quality organizations to ensure the success of a project.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors to ensure project staffing needs are met.
- Able to support proposals for new work in a growing business.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- 9+ years of experience with Project Engineering and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- 9+ years of experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; optical, mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and thermal engineering with a background in Avionics.
- 9+ years of experience leading Government contract development Programs and managing projects with budgets of $50M.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience across a product engineering lifecycle.
- Experience in influencing changes to practices, processes and approaches to improve execution across an organization.
- Experience in mentoring through a constant commitment to help other meet their full potential.
- Experience supporting government customers.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Has managed the internal execution of the project through consistent use of cost and schedule techniques (e.g. EVMS).
- Ability to implement and adapt project execution plans that will achieve technical, cost, and schedule requirements in challenging environments.
- Ability to communicate inside and outside of an organization at all levels.
- Has experience with change management and risk tracking.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.