Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Mechanical Engineering (Masters - Palm Bay, FL)
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20222806-85331
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Masters)
Job Code: SAS20222806-85331
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Schedule: 9/80
- Provide mechanical engineering support for both new product development activities as well as factory support of existing products
- Translate product requirements into a mechanical specification and test plan to be used for development
- Execute verification testing as defined by the mechanical specification and test plan
- Conduct design analysis and testing, both structural and thermal, to prove design will meet customer requirements
- Responsible for understanding customer needs, generating test procedures and finally executing the test
- Generate and/or process engineering change orders (ECO’s) as required
- Work directly with mechanical designers on CAD models and part documentation
- Structural analysis of aircraft modifications, including design support, and preparation of technical documentation necessary to ensure airworthiness
- Determination of stress levels in primary and secondary aircraft structure, systems, and equipment resulting from applied and induced loads, as well as the comparison of these stresses with material properties to predict failure and structural instabilities given due consideration to applicable failure theories
- Involved in the installation coordination for design, modification, maintenance, and repair of aircraft structures, mechanical systems, and mission equipment installations
- Applies basic engineering design and/or analytical theory with understanding of structural analysis for application to integrated system design
- Support transition from engineering design to manufacturing, assembly and aircraft installation of designed products
- Application of principles supporting aircraft life cycle maintenance (repair, rework and designing replacement parts)
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of tasks and aircraft systems on various aircraft platforms
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- CAD or analysis (FEA) tools exposure, and/or experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, structures and mechanisms
- Familiarity with transducer instrumentation, data collection and or automation and software programming for numerical analysis
- Must be able to apply the principles of Structural Mechanics to predict internal stresses and structural instabilities
- Must be able to generate free body diagrams, determine reaction forces, calculate internal loads, and develop shear and moment diagrams
- Working knowledge of one programming language
- Familiarity with finite element methods and fatigue and damage tolerance principles
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.