Continuous Improvement Intern (Palm Bay, FL)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Intern(Intern – Palm Bay, FL)
Job Code: CHQ20201609-50713
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
As a manufacturing engineer, you will be responsible for providing manufacturing support for existing and new equipment/products, exploring and executing technologies, and supporting continuous improvement as part of the operations team
- Support Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People objectives for the operations.
- Develop new ways of producing current and new products by analysing current state, researching, knowledge, and benchmarking to achieve greater value overall.
- Develop, support and execute needed I4.0 strategies and technologies.
- Work to provide solutions to leadership when presented with manufacturing concerns.
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting feedback from operators.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures in the manufacturing environment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by improving process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Select, oversee implementation, and maintain production equipment.
- Collaborate and provide input to design staff to ensure new products are highly manufacturable.
- Support engineering in production transition efforts for new products.
- Generate assembly process flows and work instructions.
- Summarize all data, documentation and information related to the production system in a detailed report for internal use.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Junior or Senior
- Practitioner in and advocate of Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and similar change management processes
- Creates an environment that encourages continuous improvement, innovation and calculated risk taking.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with respect, clarity, transparency and honesty. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others points of views.
- Self-motivated leader with a passion for achieving customer and business needs.
- Generates solutions to problems via data analysis. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Seeks alignment and endorsement from leadership to implement process improvements.
- Adheres to company values and beliefs, acts in line with those values. Rewards the right values.
- Strong analytical and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.