Learning & Development Specialist
Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID IMS20212803-58748
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Preference is for Palm Bay, Florida. However, secondary locations are: Plano, Texas; Greenville, Texas; Waco, Texas; Rockwall, TX; Tulsa, OK; Anaheim, California; Goleta, California; Palm Bay, Florida; Orlando, FL, Goleta, California; Camden, New Jersey; Mason, Ohio;
This position is responsible for the supporting the deployment of learning and development (L+D) programs and processes across Integrated Mission System segment. Collaborating with several global stakeholder groups, subject matter experts and content owners, this role provides guidance with learning design, delivery and administrative requirements that meet the enterprise training policy, processes, quality, effectiveness, and learner experience standards. Conducts learning management system (LMS) administration and processes to manage programs/courses and report on learning activities. This position requires proven experience in managing multiple learning activities/projects within a global and compliance-based environment.
- Coordinates the execution of L3Harris enterprise and IMS learning programs across the segment, such as the Education Assistance Program, Front-line Leadership, Leading/Managing in an Ethical Environment, and other development programs and tools
- Performs LMS administration, including define user roles, publish elearning courses, build custom reports, monitor learning status, support learners, and maintenance of the system
- Coordinates and monitor segment wide reporting tools and cadence to inform leaders and course owners of status
- Addresses LMS and program/course issues in a timely manner
- Works directly with SMEs, or work on a team, to develop learning programs/courses, curate content, create materials, and establish required reports and communications
- Creates and executes project plans that encompass learning design and change principles to implement required learning outcomes
- Participates on enterprise learning councils and collaborates with other learning professionals within the segment and across the enterprise
- Leverages knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design and best practices that supports learning quality, effectiveness and learner experience
- Continuously improve on training processes and applications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, or a related field.
- At least 3 - 5 years of training administration and development experience
- Aerospace & Defense industry or experience in compliance/regulatory environment
- Desired working knowledge with Oracle LMS or other LMS tools/applications
- Understanding of adult learning principles and learning applications
- Practical knowledge of project management and learning design models
- Ability to manage multiple learning programs
- Positive team player and learner mindset
- Exceptional customer service mindset and capabilities
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with varying stakeholders
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with extreme attention to detail
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative and drive things to closure
- Demonstrated coordination, tracking, organization and time management skills
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly with respect to Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline and or Adobe Captivate
- Developing content for multiple delivery formats
- Learning delivery in a virtual and in-person setting
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.