Lead, Systems Engineer
Palm Bay, Florida; Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20212202-56989
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20212202-56989
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Description: L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Lead, Systems Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location. This candidate will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop electronic hardware and software architectures and designs based on system level requirements
- Develop internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer / product requirements
- Support full system development lifecycle including concept, design fabrication, production, test, installation, operations, maintenance and disposal
- Interact with senior program managers and customers to define approaches and strategies
- Lead trade studies to identify solutions which meet requirements
- Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions which meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Aviation, Aerospace Engineering, or STEM-related field
- 9+ years of related experience within Systems Engineering
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- TS/SCI security preferred
- IC clearance preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Background in wireless communications, hand-held cellular systems, WiFi chip set design, signal processing, digital, analog, and RF CCA development; DSP, FPGA, and embedded software development; manufacturing and production support
- Offensive Cyber experience is a plus
- Coursework and/or experience in systems engineering, systems architecture, systems analysis and design, system performance modeling, integration and/or project management, and/or model-based systems engineering
- Familiar with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Systems Integration of subsystems and multi-segment systems
- Signal (SIGINT/ELINT/MASINT) collection experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.