Lead, Structural Analyst
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Lead, Mechanical Engineer – Structural Analyst
Job Code: SAS20202503-43553
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position will be responsible for providing Structural Analysis support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
- Perform analysis tasks on precision mechanisms and large deployable structures in a program team environment.
- Program support includes loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and integration test support.
- Assist in managing an integrated product team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Security clearance preferred.
- Experience MSC ADAMS software.
- BS/BA/MS Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, preferred.
- Experience with space flight hardware analysis including precision mechanisms, composite structures, metallic, plastic, and composite components.
- Experience with loads derivation, Finite Element Analysis techniques, failure modes evaluation including margin of safety generation and documentation, qualification test program development, and/or bond joint analysis.
- Familiarity with CREO, FEMAP, NASTRAN, and MathCAD.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.