Lead, Software Engrg
Palm Bay, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior C/C++ embedded systems developer that understands Software/Hardware co-design, Distributed systems design, and Software / Computer Architecture. Responsible for execution of complex designs in large teams to ensure proper system functionality. The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development. Including, but not limited to:
- Requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance
- Perform activities to ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications
- Provide technical expertise and leadership during system integration activities as well as during troubleshooting or deviations in expected performance seen during operation and test
- Interfacing on occasion with the customer where excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 9+ years of related software development experience (or 7+ years with a Master’s degree)
- Experience developing embedded software / writing code in C++ 98 and python
- Experience in QNX and Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Experience in Portal Operating System Interface (POSIX) thread programming
- Experience in User Datagram Protocol (UDP)/Internet Protocol (IP) socket programming
- Experience with QNX Momentics Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Experience with documenting NSA Type 1, NIAP Common Criteria, and NIST requirements
- Experience with integration of waveform software with General Purpose Platform (GPP) software
- Experience with Radio operations and RF
- Familiarity with L3Harris Falcon III Radio Family (Preferably RF-7850S and AN/PRC-152A Software development
- Experience with Weapon Data link software on LRASM or similar program
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite and tools like Git and Subversion (SVN)
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
- Experienced with DoD SW Design and Development process to CMMI Level 3 with the ability to create SW Design Documents, Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, software qualification test procedures, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit